Sometimes Miss K potters in the kitchen, mixing ingredients and trying mainly to make ‘drinks’. She uses the cappuccino frother to process her ingredients and of course this usually comes with some chaos and an end product that is less than desirable, but a four-year-old must have some experimentation opportunities!
Today she mixed together apple juice, maple syrup, water, mango sauce, vanilla sugar and rice milk. It was really too sweet and so we thought of a great solution – let’s make pancakes.
They turned out awesome, so we wanted to share the recipe with you all.
Miss K’s Pancake Ingredients:
- rice milk
- maple syrup
- mango sauce
- apple juice
- vanilla sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Use some creative spirit in mixing together the first 6 ingredients. Once you have a cup worth of mixture that reminds you of mango-flavoured maple syrup put it to the side.
- Mix together the flour and baking soda, add a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl or jug blend together eggs and rice milk. Add the syrup mix and flour gradually until you have a good consistency (smoothie like).
- Fry up on an oil of your choice, serve with fresh strawberries or your favourite topping.